RE: The Slut Shaming Going Down In the OUAT tags
Over Emilie de Ravin’s character Belle wearing a short, sequined dress in the episode they’re currently shooting. The title of the episode is “Lacey” and there is some speculation that this is Belle’s Storybrooke name.
- Short, sequined dresses don’t make people sluts.
- Being a slut is not a bad thing.
- The name Lacey ≠ sluttiness/prostitution.
- Short, sequined dresses ≠ prostitution.
- If a person is a sex worker and that’s their vocation willingly and happily and they’re not forced into the work because of socioeconomic problems than that’s okay.
- Sex work/prostitution is, itself, not evil or bad.